ToonDoo is a cool, comic-creating tool from Jambav, a fun site for kids. Jambav is devoted to creating a unique array of free and customizable online games of educational value for children of all abilities. ToonDoo was the happy result of brainstorming session that was aimed at creating a new way of expression for those who do not have the talent to draw.
|Advanced, Beginner, Intermediate|
|Visit ToonDoo Website||
|PC or Mac|
Register for ToonDoo
- Go to www.toondoo.com
- Click on the Register link on the upper right corner to register.
- Follow the steps to create a new account in ToonDoo.
Sign In to ToonDoo
- Once you have created an account, click on the Login in link on the upper right corner to log in to Toondoo.
- Enter your login information.
Create a Cartoon Character
- Go to Tools
- Choose Toondoo Maker
- Select a layout
- Click on the Character icon
- Choose a character you like and then drag and drop it to the stage below
- Click on the Text icon
- Choose a speech bubble
- Drag and drop it to the stage
- Enter your text
- Click on the Start Here icon to save the project
- Follow the steps below to give your project a title, tag; choose the publish option and then publish your project
- Once you have published your project, you go find it by going back to www.toondoo.com, click on the first icon Toons, and then click on My Toondoos to view your project
If you want to include a personal photo or an image on to Toondoo, you can use ImagineR. If you want to cartoonize, goofify or play with your photo, use Imagine R.
- Click on the Tools tab and then the ImagineR link
- Click on the Become an Imaginer! link to include an image
- There are two ways to import an image: either grab it from a location on a web page or upload it from your computer.
- After importing an image, drag it to the middle of the triangle box; adjust the size and shape of the box by grapping the four corners of the box.
- Click on the GOOFIFY icon, position it to the place you want to “goofify” and then drag it to the shape you want.
- When you are done with GOOFIFY, click on the Done icon and then the Save icon to save the image.
Additional Resources and Works Cited